Head Start programs have long been celebrated for their commitment to quality early childhood education. The CLASS® tool has been instrumental in ensuring that the quality of educator-child interactions remains at the forefront of these programs.
But how can we further enrich these interactions and take the learning experience to even greater heights? Enter CLASS® Environment™ – a supplement to CLASS®, designed to enhance the quality of educator-child interactions through the physical setting.
5 Benefits of CLASS® Environment for Head Start programs:
- Measure Quality With One System: CLASS® and CLASS® Environment create one system focused on driving the quality of educator-child interactions. CLASS® measures the quality of educator-child interactions, and CLASS® Environment ensures the physical setting where those interactions take place is optimized for effectiveness.
- Standardize Quality & Drive Inclusivity: CLASS® Environment ensures the physical setting supports the diverse learning needs of all children, mirroring Head Start's commitment to equity while supporting a standard of environmental quality across Early Head Start and Head Start program centers.
- Save Time & Money: Using CLASS® Environment alongside CLASS® offers a comprehensive approach to assessment. Paring together allows observers to simultaneously evaluate the quality of educator-child interactions and the classroom environment. By consolidating assessments into a single system, observers can efficiently streamline their process, minimizing the time they spend in the classroom. Additionally, the cost-effective and self-paced online training for CLASS® Environment ensures your program saves valuable classroom time and reduces training expenses.
- Learn on Your Own Schedule: Certified CLASS® observers learn how to observe the key elements of the environment with a 5-hour self-paced online course. Educators can discover how to make the most of their classroom space to promote quality interactions with a 3-hour, self-paced online course.
- Tell a Story with Data: Combining insights from both CLASS® and CLASS® Environment allows leaders to expand their data-driven strategies further and helps paint a comprehensive picture of quality. With these data points, leaders can tell a story of educational quality and have the actionable insights needed for data-driven improvement.
As we journey together toward improving child outcomes, our partnership with Head Start shines a light on what collaborative commitment can achieve.
And now, with CLASS® Environment, there’s an opportunity to further enrich the quality of interactions through fine-tuning the spaces where they take place. Together, we are not just setting benchmarks but ensuring every child gets the best start in life.